Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week Nine

This week, I will be managing around the laboratory, as well as conduct data analysis (for our on-site experiment) and data calculations (for our off-site experiment).


On-Site Experimentation: 

Surgeries and experimentation take place as normal again this week. I will continue to clean the thermogradient and ensure that all laboratory equipment is cleaned and sterilized. I am organizing our data and currently, I am specifically focusing on finding a correlation between stress levels and preferred ambient temperature.


Retrospective Clinical Study:

I am continuing to do data collections. As of this week, I am focusing on recording data from Arizona's weather stations so that I can have values for all the variables necessary to calculate wet bulb globe temperature.

2 comments:

  1. Rohnini,

    Have you completed data collection or is there any additional experimental data required prior to data analysis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For our clinical study (off-site), I have finished calculating GPS coordinates, based on location data from the trauma registry. Now, I must manually search through the three weather stations closest to location of injury and input data for each weather station's reported air temperature (ÂșC), solar irradiance (W-hr/m²), wind speed average (m/s), relative humidity (%), and atmospheric pressure (mb).

      As there are 150 cases, each case takes me about 25 minutes to input data, as not all weather stations have data for the date/time of injury, as many weather stations have either closed down or recently opened. Therefore, determining three weather stations (to weight data) can be a time-consuming process.

      As the experiment is off-site and retrospective, data analysis cannot begin until I have finished all 150 cases and reported wet bulb globe temperatures for each case ID.

      Delete